This is a guideline for property owners who have hired Northern Arizona Painting to paint the interior of their building.
Listed below are the property owner’s responsibilities to be performed before painting begins. If you cannot complete these preparations, please let us know, and we will include the cost of this service in our estimate.
Also shown below are Northern Arizona Painting’s preparation, application, clean up, and final processes for your information.
Property Owner’s Responsibilities
- Remove pictures from all walls. Leave nails if pictures will be rehung.
- Whenever possible, move the furniture to the center of the room. If you are unable to move the furniture, we will do so when we begin.
How It Works
- Painting crews typically consist of two to three painters, including one production manager and one to two painting assistants.
- Painters will arrive at 7 a.m. or 8 a.m. as determined by the property owner. They work for eight hours with a half hour lunch break unless otherwise notified.
- Painters will perform daily clean up of masking materials and painting supplies.
- Any tools left on the job will be neatly organized and placed in a location of the property owner’s choice.
- Remove electrical faceplates.
- Mask floors, furniture, light fixtures, windows, and other unpainted surfaces.
- Fill nail holes and sand flush.
- Caulk trim, baseboards and door frames.
- Prime as needed (new wood or drywall) to ensure proper adhesion of top coat.
- Spray ceiling, trim, and doors whenever possible.
- Brush and roll walls.
- Touch up paint as needed.
- Remove masking materials from all surfaces.
- Reinstall electrical faceplates.
- Dispose of all trash.
- Bryan Morrow, owner of Northern Arizona Painting, will examine completed work with the property owner to ensure 100% quality satisfaction.
- Complete comment card.